Guess what?!? I’m going to the Declare Conference (an amazing conference focused on being a #digitalevangelist) in Dallas in a little over a week! I’m so excited!
The Declare Conference is hosting a blog link up! It’s such a fun way for you all (and all my soon-to-be-friends at the conference) to get to know me a little bit better! They asked some fun little questions and I’m sharing the answers on the blog today!
1. If we were meeting in person, how would you introduce yourself? (job, family, career, ministry, where you live … share whatever details come to mind)
– My name is Bobbie. I live in Missouri. I’ve been married to my high school sweet heart, Scott, for 16 years. We have two boys, Brayden 13 and Gavin 9. They are wild masses of chaos and I absolutely adore them, most of the time. I homeschool my kiddos.
I ❤️Jesus, women’s ministry, and words. I like to combine all of that into a blog and online community at www.bobbieschae.com and www.facebook.com/bobbieschae
I believe Jesus loves me and died for me in spite of the fact that I’m a hot mess most of the time. Because of that, I love encouraging women who feel a bit messy and disconnected.
2. What is your favorite thing to write and why?
-I love to write whatever God lays on my heart. I’m typically inspired to write after my quiet time. I just write whatever the Holy Spirit has started bubbling up inside of me. I try to be very real, organic, and authentic.
3. What is your favorite thing to read and why? (If this question is too broad for you avid readers, what’s a favorite book or blog you’ve read lately?)
-I LOVE to read! Some of my faves lately have been Giddy Up, Eunice by Sophie Hudson, For The Love by Jen Hatmaker, Wild and Free by Jess Connoly and Haley Morgan, Chasing God by Angie Smith, and Misfits Welcome by Matthew Barnett. I’m currently reading Loving My Actual Life by Alexandra Kuykendall.
4. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
-Lay on the couch in yoga pants and watch Netfix for HOURS while I drink coffee! Um. I mean, do something spiritual and productive. 😉
5. What’s one thing you love about your blog and one thing you’d like to improve?
-I love that it gives me the opportunity to connect and share with people from all over the world. It’s a place where I feel like I can just sit down and put my heart out there to my friends and offer them a little encouragement from my personal experiences.
I would love to improve the functionality and design of it so that it’s super user friendly for everyone who stops by.
6. [Lightening Round] Would you rather …
Read on Kindle or paperback? -Always paperback! I love a hard copy of a real book!
Drink coffee or tea? -Coffee in the am and tea in the pm.
Go to a musical or a movie? -Movie
Vacation at the beach or the mountains? -Mountains! I love to hike and I hate swimming suits. 😉
Have an exciting night out or a relaxing night in? -That’s a tough one! Depends on the week!
Watch sports, play sports, or no sports? -I do crossfit (although not super well), but aside from that, no sports please!
That was so fun! 😉 Feel free to share your answers in the comments ! I’d love to get to know you better too!
Love and blessings,